The database tracks all political donations, compiled from the Federal Elections Commission's public records. The data displayed in the map above show all donations to candidates, advocacy organizations and political action committees from 2010 to 2012. The darker areas of the map indicate more money donated.
Certain zip codes were more generous in their political contributions than others. San Rafael's downtown area donated approximately $1.7 million compared to the $260,000 from their North San Rafael neighbors.
The Tiburon/Belvedere area donated $2.8 million, while the Mill Valley zip code donated $2.1 million. After downtown San Rafael, the Sausalito area came in fourth with $1.4 million in contributions and Greenbrae followed with $1.2 million.
Click on the shaded areas of the map to see how much money that zip code donated.
Stayed tuned to San Rafael Patch for more election data as the week continues.
See what else is happening in San Rafael:
- Girl Dies of Injuries After Being Struck by SUV
- Long-Gone Restaurants...Which Do You Still Miss?
- Car Accident on Highway 101 Slows Afternoon Traffic
- Novato Man Accused of Assaulting Girlfriend in San Rafael
- Boyfriend Suspected of Poisoning 63-year-old Girlfriend with Chlorinated Water