On Friday evening, personnel from the Avoid the Marin 13 partner agencies conducted a checkpoint at the intersection of Grand Avenue and East Francisco Blvd. in San Rafael for both west and east bound directions of travel.
The checkpoint took place from 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM. One thousand sixty four (1064) vehicles were screened through the checkpoint.
Ten field sobriety tests were administered, resulting in three drivers being arrested and booked at the Marin County Jail for Driving Under the Influence. One of the drivers was suspected of being under the influence prescription medication.
Additional results from the operation were as follows:
- One driver operating with a suspended license was cited and released.
- One driver operating with a suspended license was arrested as a result of an
- outstanding warrant for a prior DUI.
- Twenty three unlicensed drivers were cited and released.
- Seven traffic citations were issued.
- Four vehicles were towed.
Funding for this operation was provided by an Avoid Campaign DUI / Drivers License Grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.