Editor’s note: This article was updated at 2:25 p.m. on Tuesday, March 19.
Marin County Sheriff's Deputies were searching for two teenage burglary suspects Tuesday morning after a burglary was interrupted on Point San Pedro Road east of San Rafael High School around 10:30 a.m., according to local police officials.
A resident found the two subjects inside his Mooring Road residence at 10:24 a.m. and chased them toward the Lowrie Yacht Harbor. Electronics and cash were stolen from the residence’s yard.
Marin County Sheriff’s Lieutenant Jamie Scardina said two burglary suspects, described as Hispanic males in their teens, are still at large.
The K9 unit from the Novato Police Department responded to the area, outside San Rafael city limits, around 12:30 p.m. to help with the search, according to San Rafael Police Spokesperson Margo Rohrbacher.
Nine San Rafael Police officers and three detectives from the San Rafael department also assisted in the search.
On the San Rafael Patch Facebook page, Heather Fowler- Stewart said she saw several police officers with "rifles drawn" on Point San Pedro Road.
Did you see the police activity? Tell us in the comments!
Check back for more updates.
Check out these other stories on San Rafael Patch:
- Marin Mom Fighting Cancer: ‘I Can’t Die Because my Children Need Me’
- Child Injured in San Rafael Baseball Bat Beating
- CHP Seeks Mill Valley Man After Alleged Carjacking Near Marinwood
- Petaluma Woman Killed in Hwy. 101 Crash Worked at Safeway in Marin
- San Rafael Priorities: Less Homelessness and a Sales Tax Extension