.

Electrocuted Bird Sparks Fire near Skywalker Ranch

Marin County firefighters doused a 1.5-acre fire this morning after an electrocuted bird fell into a grassy field.

Marin County firefighters doused a 1.5-acre fire this morning after an electrocuted bird fell into a grassy field near Skywalker Ranch, according to Battalion Chief Mike Giannini.

At approximatley 8:35 a.m., firefighters received a call of a grass fire in Nicasio, Calif. near filmmaker George Lucas's Skywalker Ranch property. Marin County firefighters teamed up with Lucas's fire brigade and the National Parks Service to extinguish the flames in under 30 minutes, Giannini said.

The fire was sparked by a bird that electrocuted itself when it landed on the overhead power lines. Once dead, its singed body fell into the grass and ignited the flames, according to Giannini.

No one was injured.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something