The hexagons on this map represent the density of crimes reported between Nov. 14 and Nov. 29. The data was collected from crimereports.com, which maps crime reports from local police departments. The locations are approximate, and the darker shapes represent the areas where more crimes are reported.
Criminal activity is concentrated in the downtown area and in the Canal neighborhood, primarily along the 101 corridor, with a few more incidents in the Northgate Mall area than two weeks before.
In this two-week span, 54 percent of the crimes reported were thefts, including vehicle thefts. Assaults were the third most reported crime at almost 20 percent. Breaking and entering comes in fourth with 11 percent.
See what else is happening in San Rafael:
- New E-cigarette Store Faces Resistance from West End Business Owners
- UPDATED: 2 Injured in Shooting Outside Club 101
- Pier 1 Imports Celebrates Grand Opening Before Black Friday
- San Rafael’s Priciest Homes: 25 Harcourt Street
- Drivers Flee After Crash on 101