A man accused of battery in late September was taken into custody when he failed to appear for his court date, according to Lt.Barry Heying.
San Rafael resident Brian Hagan, 46, was booked in to Marin County Jail on Saturday, Oct. 6, on suspicion of battery with serious bodily injury. His bail is set at $105,000.
Hagan was first arrested on Sept. 30, after sheriff's deputies received reports of an alleged fight the night before at Gates Co-op in Sausalito. At approximately 10 p.m., people held an impromptu party at Gate 6 Road. Hagan allegedly approached a 31-year-old man and began fighting with him, according to Heying.
"Hagan eventually punched the victim in the jaw with his left fist and the victim fell to the ground," he said.
The other party-goers intervened and the victim was transported to Marin General Hospital with a broken jaw. Witnesses identified Hagan, who had previous encounters with the victim, as the suspect, according to Heying.
Hagan was arrested on Sept. 30, but failed to show at his court date the following week. Deputies took him into custody again on Oct. 6 and his next court date is Tuesday, Oct. 9.
See what else is happening in San Rafael:
- New Fourth Street Cafe to Be Artist and Art Lovers' Haunt
- Mountain Lions Vs. Bobcats: Do You Know the Difference?
- Gas Prices Soaring — Find the Cheapest in San Rafael
- MVFF: Bradley Cooper Spills About 'Silver Linings Playbook' to a Packed Theater
- Now Hiring: City of San Rafael Has Job Openings