County law enforcement and probation officers found four people in violation of their probation after conducting a domestic violence operation on Wednesday, according to probation operations specialist Matt Perry.
Three teams conducted unannounced searches in the homes of people on probation for domestic violence offenses to ensure that they were not in possession of firearms, and in compliance. The searches were conducted in Novato, San Rafael and Marin City.
Approximately 21 people on probation were contacted and their place of residence searched. An investigation will be conducted on the four people who were found in violation, according to Perry.
Domestic violence is the number one violent crime in Marin County. “It was a good opportunity to contact those on probation in order to show continued support for the victims and ensure the offender is in compliance with their probation," Deputy Probation Officer Melissa Davis said.
See what else is happening in San Rafael:
- San Rafael's Priciest Homes: 333 G Street
- Police Arrest Three Day Care Workers in Fatal Infant Asphyxiation
- Family of 6 Displaced by Canal Apartment Fire
- Sol Food Owner to Open Downtown Retail Store
- George Lucas Plans to Donate Disney Money to Foundation