The following offices will be on the ballot:
- U.S. Representative, District 2
- California State Senator, District 2
- California State Assembly member, District 10
- State Constitutional Offices: Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, State Controller, State Treasurer, State Board of Equalization, State Insurance Commissioner, State Attorney General, Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Superior Court Judge – Offices No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Judicial candidates must file a Declaration of Intention by Feb. 5.
- County Board of Supervisors, Districts 1 and 5
- County offices: Assessor-Recorder, District Attorney, County Superintendent of Schools and Sheriff-Coroner
- Almonte Sanitary District
- Ross Valley Sanitary District Director
- Belvedere City Council*
- Ross Town Council*
*Candidates should file nomination papers with respective city/town clerks.
Candidates may pick up and file Declaration of Candidacy forms at the Marin County Elections Office, Room 121, Marin Civic Center, San Rafael, weekdays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. between Feb. 10 and March 7. If an incumbent officeholder does not file for office by March 7, the filing period will be extended for non-incumbent candidates for that office until 5 p.m. March 12.
If there are no nominees or an insufficient number of nominees for any district office, and if no one files a petition requesting an election with the Elections Office, the Board of Supervisors will make the appointments.
Voting begins at the Elections Office and vote-by-mail ballots go in the mail on Monday, May 5. The last day to register to vote for the Primary Election is Monday, May 19.