Our city's commerical vacany rate is currently between 8 percent and 10 percent. San Rafael Patch is featuring each week a vacant or abandoned building or lot and asking readers: "What do you wish was here?"
The idea was inspired by Candy Chang from New Orleans, who in 2010 created "I wish this was" stickers and placed thousands around the city for residents to fill in the blanks. Stickers can be bought online here.
The Miracle Mile Veterinary Hospital used to occupy this building until it moved to Second Street and changed its name to West End Animal Center. What do you think should take its place?
About this column: There are plenty of empty and abandoned buildings in San Rafael. What do you wish was there instead?
See what else is happening in San Rafael:
- Kellogg's Frosted and Unfrosted Mini-Wheats Recalled for Metal Fragments
- Woman Trapped for Four Hours After Car Accident on Lucas Valley Road
- How to Watch the Orionids Meteor Shower 2012
- Police Investigate 15 Burglaries in Peacock Gap and Glenwood Neighborhoods
- Pedestrian was Outside of Crosswalk During Fatal Car Accident