Our city's commerical vacany rate is currently between 8 percent and 10 percent. San Rafael Patch is featuring each week a vacant or abandoned building or lot and asking readers: "What do you wish was here?"
The idea was inspired by Candy Chang from New Orleans, who in 2010 created "I wish this was" stickers and placed thousands around the city for residents to fill in the blanks. Stickers can be bought online here.
After six years on Fourth Street, tapas restaurant Sabor of Spain lost its lease and moved out in October. What do you think should take its place?
About this column: There are plenty of empty and abandoned buildings in San Rafael. What do you wish was there instead?
See what else is happening in San Rafael:
- San Rafael's Priciest Homes: 333 G Street
- Police Arrest Three Day Care Workers in Fatal Infant Asphyxiation
- Family of 6 Displaced by Canal Apartment Fire
- Sol Food Owner to Open Downtown Retail Store
- George Lucas Plans to Donate Disney Money to Foundation