Top stories on San Rafael Patch for Aug. 26-31:
- Two Children Hurt After Bystander Gets Caught Recording San Rafael Gang Fight
- Marin City Man Charged with Murder in Stabbing of His Mother
- San Rafael Firefighters Snuff Out Suspicious Early Morning Fire at Office Building
- Marin Woman Killed in Solo Crash in Sonoma County
- San Rafael Woman Arrested, Linked to Burglaries and Fraudulent Bank Accounts
- Neighbors Help San Rafael Police Catch Alleged Burglar in the Act
- San Rafael High Schools Record Increase in Test Performance
- Most San Rafael Elementary Schools Lose Ground on 2013 Test Performance
Other San Rafael news from around the web:
The trial of Max Wade, who is accused of stealing Guy Fieri's Lamborghini from San Francisco and shooting at teens in Mill Valley, is set to begin in September. Last minute plea negotiations fell through this week, according to the Marin Independent Journal.
Serial killer Joseph Naso, who was recently found guilty of four murders, has been linked to a sixth victim — a woman found dead in Marin County in 1981, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. The body of Sharileea Patton was found in two garbage bags, according to the Sacramento Bee.
Community members living in the Spinnaker Point neighborhood have had a smelly summer, thanks to blooming algae in the dried up in the San Rafael Lagoon, according to CBS report.
A Novato resident won a free cremation at the San Rafael Pacifics baseball team’s recent “Funeral Night,” according to the Marin Independent Journal. The winner, 54-year-old Matt Kratoville, wrote a poem to win the contest, which required contestants to submit their own obituaries.
Plans for an 11-acre subdivision near San Anselmo have cleared an environmental hurdle, according to the Marin Independent Journal. Plans for the proposed development, in a valley between hills of San Anselmo, San Rafael and Sleepy Hollow, include six 1,500-square-foot homes.