AWD Small Works Show
Nov 18, 2011 - Jan 6, 2012
• only 2D and/or 3D works smaller than 15”x15”x15” (frame included)
• artwork must be for sale
• SF Bay Area artists only (within 100 miles from San Rafael CA)
November 4 Entries due: slides, prints or jpeg’s accepted
November 12, 10am-4pm Deliver accepted entries
November 18 First day of exhibition
December 9 , 5 - 8pm Reception
January 7, 10am - 4pm Pick up unsold art work
• Fee: $20 for up to 3 entries. (Fee waived for AWD Artists & Associate Artists)
• Completed Entry form DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM >
• Image Format: JPEGs, Prints/Photos
Digital JPEG files: 300 pixels/inch resolution. No larger than 2400 pixels in either direction. Disk preferred, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title jpeg less by last name then letter on submission form. (example: SmithA.jpeg; SmithB.jpeg;SmithC.jpeg)
• Clearly identify prints with artist name, title, and size.
• Entry Form and Fee must be submitted to be considered.
• Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage to mail back your materials.
• You will be notied by phone or email if your work is accepted, otherwise we will send an email or letter.
Marin Jewelers Guild opportunity: In an effort to expand the exhibition, some artists who are accepted may be invited to show an additional work in the Marin Jewelers Guild located two doors away from the Gallery and part of the AWD art center. MJG will jury these candidates. The consignment contract will differ slightly. Contact AWD (415) 451-8119 or Marin Jewelers Guild (415) 454 - 2711 for more information.
Delivery of Accepted Work
Nov. 13: Work(s) must be hand delivered to Art Works Downtown gallery, 1337 Fourth St, San Rafael, between the hours of 10am and 4pm. All work must be prepared to install. Wall hung work must be securely wired. You may also deliver an artist statement and resume, however we do not print these materials for you. A consignment form must be signed by the artist during delivery.
Jan. 8: Pick up unsold work between the hours of 10am and 4pm. Works that are not picked up at this time will be charged a storage fee of $1.00 per day. If work is not picked up within 30 days it will become the property of Art Works Downtown.
Liability, Sales, Regarding Work Submitted
No substitutes will be accepted for works submitted by slides or photos. All reasonable care will be taken with the works. Artists should provide their own insurance. However, there is coverage for works on exhibition. Precaution will be taken to safeguard all work from loss or damage, but neither Art Works Downtown or anyone connected with this exhibition will be responsible for loss or damage from any cause. Buyers will be allowed to take works from the gallery upon sale. AWD accepts a donation of 30% upon sale.
For more information and entry forms click here.